Call for Proposals
Information about the Call for Proposals for the 2017 RP Conference
Call for Proposals and RP Awards Nominations
Deadline Extended to: Tuesday, November 22, 2016
We are pleased to announce the Call for Proposals for the 2017 RP Group Conference. The theme for the conference is Building Pathways to Success. The annual RP Group Conference is the largest gathering of institutional researchers and planners in the California community college system. This year’s conference will take place April 20-21, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport.
We invite you to submit a proposal for a conference session by completing the online submission form for RP Conference 2017 Proposals by Tuesday, November 22, 2016.
If you would like to plan for your proposal using a paper version of the form, you can download a PDF copy from the orange box on right side of this page.
Specifically, we are seeking proposals that address the conference theme and introduce or advance the discussion of a topic or utilization a tool or resource that is relevant to the research and planning community.
New This Year
To better align the RP Conference Call for Proposals and RP Group Awards nomination processes, the two processes have now been combined. Through the Call for Proposals and Awards Nomination Form you can now:
- Submit a proposal for the RP Conference
- Submit a nomination for an RP Group Award
- Submit a proposal for the RP Conference and an RP Group Award
Nominations selected to receive an RP Group Award will automatically receive a session at the 2017 RP Conference.
For RP Group Awards criteria and other information, please visit the RP Group Awards webpage.
RP Conference Proposal Selection Criteria
Please consider the following in preparing your proposal:
- The area(s) of focus (described in detail here):
- Building Pathways
- Planning and Institutional Effectiveness
- Advancing Student Equity
- RP Toolbox
- A few tangible, realistic outcomes for your session that may be achieved in 60 or 120 minutes
- How participants will be able to apply what they learn in their session to their colleges/districts and their daily practice
- How the discussion of this topic or application of this resource or tool will advance the field of research and planning
The deadline to submit a proposal is Tuesday, November 22, 2016.
How Are Proposals Evaluated?
Each proposal will be evaluated on how well it:
- Showcases an innovative or promising resource/tool or effective practice related to research and planning
- Provides a clear value to researchers and planners
- Promotes an effective practice to research and planning
- Enables use/replication at other institutions or settings
- Fosters evidence-based decision-making
- Addresses the conference theme
- Engages the audience
- Is clearly organized and well-communicated
If you have any questions about the proposal process, please do not hesitate to contact Bri Hays, RP Group Professional Development Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org or (619) 788-8196.
- About Us